Relax...He got this!
Are you a worry worm? Do you worry about the future? Do you worry about the past…such as worrying about what could be different if you just would have made a different decision? Why do we worry so much?
I believe it’s because of several reasons.
• It’s about me!
You see, I want to be in charge and in control. When I feel out of control I get nervous because I don’t know how things will work out. Since I’m NOT in control I worry. In a way, I’m saying to God, “I’m in charge!”
• I don’t realize that it is all about God and His will.
• I believe in a “small” god…a false god.
1. The god of “selfishness” (I want it my way);
2. the god of “pride” (I can do it; I don’t need anyone else);
3. the god of “self-reliance” (I believe in myself; no one can tell me what to do).
What’s the remedy?
I need to humble myself and surrender to Him.
The Bible says:
“When I am afraid, I will trust in you. In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can mortal man do to me?” (Psalm 56:3–4)
“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.” (Matthew 6:34)
“I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you.” (Genesis 28:15)
1. When I trust in God (according to the Psalmist) I don’t have to worry about anything - including what others might do to me or say about me.
2. Jesus commanded that I shouldn’t worry about tomorrow! Why? Because tomorrow will worry about itself. Wow, what insight. It’s so simple but yet I make it so difficult for myself. In other words, don’t worry about what might happen tomorrow because I’m not in charge of tomorrow. God is! And He is never surprised, never late, never slumbers…He’s got this! I can trust Him. He never fails me.
3. God is with me. He promised this to Abraham and He promises this to me…today! Since He is omnipresent (present anywhere) He can say this. He is with me. Not only is He with me but also He promises to “NOT leave me.” What amazing peace this brings to my life. If I truly believe this, then I don’t have to worry about anything…not about the past and not about the future! I can stay in the present because He is with me! Today…right now.
It’s because of who God IS (YAHWEH = I AM THAT I AM) that I can trust Him. It’s because of who God IS that I don’t have to worry.
So I can relax…because He’s got this!